Monday, May 16, 2011

From Maine to Prince Edward

 Loading up our bikes on the fishing boat.  Thanks Harvey and Scott for the ride to deer island
 Unloading our gear onto the pier. That rhymes, totally unintentional. 
 Captain Christopher Keith Pendelton, giving us a lesson on how to drive his 103ft ferry from deer island

The 8 mile bridge from New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island
 Home sweet home, just off the highway hidden from all the passersby
 Making dinner, drying out and warming up in Dales Barn on P.E.I
Loads of stories going on. We got a ride from a couple fishermen across some pretty bouncy ocean.  Was told a poem about Newfoundland by some random walker by.  Met the bassist of Jericho road, she was our camp host.  Had lunch in an old RV with some Hoggs from Vancouver.  And now we are sleeping in a barn of a oyster fisherman in Prince Edward.  This trip is bringing us countless experiences that I never could have imagined.  I am keeping a very detailed journal and hoping to be able to retell so many of these tales for years to come.  We are meeting so many genuinely nice people that are sharing their lives with us.  We are being very blessed and taken care of, and loving almost every minute of it (as long as we can keep Marys feet warm).

4 comments:

  1. So awesome. Be safe and warm and full of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!!! So glad its you and not me <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Mary, I Hate cold feet. Does look like loads of interesting fun though. Love the post and pics. Keep on biking, and have a great time.
    Love you, MOM Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, can I say JEALOUS?!!! This trip is looking so amazingly awesome. I'm so happy you guys are already piling up loads of good stories to tell us. And I have to say. . . being an avid Anne of Green Gables fan for my ENTIRE life, I totally wish I could cruise around and see the lake of shining waters, green gables and say "oh Hey" to Matthew and Marilla.

    ReplyDelete