Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Life on the road

We have been biking up the west coast of Newfoundland- a land of trees, rocks, mountains and hills! its been great so far, i think this may be canada's Alaska :)

eating steamed mussels in butter.. yumm....

mary about to get epic
made it to newfoundland!


suns out, bugs out!

out on the open road!

fiddleheads- a common food up here- we found some growing wild and steamed em up! YUM!

we ran into a local in the rain who let us stay in his partially finished cabin for the night! not a bad location to camp!

got the knee checked out! and the verdict is... tendonitis! looks like he wont lose the leg after all! stretching and ice are in place!
 
our campsite in corner brook, overlooking the town and bay- gorgeous!

a wooded trail through town that made us miss mountain biking.... :)

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the trip reports. Make me miss the life on the road/rock. You guys are rad. I hope the knee gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo fiddleheads. I loved those and the wild mushrooms in Alaska. B and I used to pick those on the Chilkoot. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your updates. Keep them coming. Glad his knee is just tendonitis (although I had that in my wrist once and I thought it was broken it hurt so bad). Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trip is amazing! Thanks for letting me come with you (via photos etc).

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, you guys are cruising...and then I just looked at a map! Anyway, glad you're having a blasty blast! Sorry about B-rad's knee. Have tendonitis in my ankle. No fun a'tall. I empathize with you! Keep on keepin on, cause "you're not hard core (no you're not hard core) unless you live hard core (unless you live hard core!) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete